1. The Government of Japan will dispatch a cultural and sport exchange mission, headed by Prof. Takashi Shiraishi, President of the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS) to Myanmar in collaboration with the Japan Foundation from Wednesday, June 27, to Saturday, June 30.
2. The mission aims to discuss future policies for the expansion and enhancement of cultural and sports exchanges and cooperation between Japan and Myanmar. The mission will report the result of the discussion to the Japanese government as a policy recommendation.
3. In addition, on the occasion of the mission, cultural events, such as Japanese Film show, a photo exhibition and a lecture on JUDO are to be held.
[Members of the mission]
Prof. Takashi Shiraishi, President, the National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPs)
Mr. Takashi Tajima, Former Ambassador of Japan to Myanmar
Prof. Yoshiaki Ishizawa, Director, Sophia Asia Center for Research and Human Development, Sophia University, Former president of Sophia University, Chairperson of JCIC-Heritage (Japan Consortium for International Cooperation in Cultural Heritage), Chief of Sophia University Angkor International Mission
Ms. Aiko Doden, Senior News Commentator, NHK Japan Broadcasting Corporation
Prof. Suzuko Nishihara, Executive Director, The Japan Foundation Japanese-Language Insutitute, Urawa, President of Council for Cultural Affairs, Former president of the Society for Teaching Japanese as a Foreign Language
Mr. Kazutaka Kato, President & CEO, Organization to Promote Japanese Restaurants Abroad
Mr. Hiroshi Yanai, President & CEO, PIA Corporation (popular entertainment magazine in Japan)
Ms. Junko Koshino, Fashion Designer, Internationally renowned fashion designer who holds fashion shows in Paris, NY, Beijing and others. Directs costumes for Operas and Broadway musicals. Held a fashion show in Yangon in 2009, as the major event for Mekong-Japan exchange year.
Mr. Yasuhiro Yamashita, Trustee and Vice Chancellors, Tokai University Education System, Gold Medallist of Judo (Open category) at 1984 Los Angers Olympics, and Gold medallist in All Japan Judo Championships for 9 years in a row
Mr. Tsuyoshi Kitazawa, Co-opted member, Executive Committee, Japan Football Association (JFA)Former leading player of the Japan National football team
Mr. Jun Shinmi, Deputy Director-General, Southeast and Southwest Asian Affairs Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
[Schedule of the Events]
(1) Japanese Film Show；“Always -Sunset on Third Street-3”
Thursday, June 28, 16:30∼
at Assembly Hall,Embassy of Japan
** Pre-Registration Essential**
Please contact (Daw Wuit Yee Soe Ph:01-549644) from 8:30 to 12:30 or 13:30 to 17:00 during weekdays for pre-registration.
(2) Photo Exhibition featuring JUNKO KOSHINO Fashion Show
June 29, 18:30 ~22:00
June 30, 9:00~15:00
at The Strand, 92 Strand, Yangon
** Admission Free**
Opening reception will be held on Friday, June 29, 16:30~ for invitee only.
Interested press are allowed to cover the event. Please contact ( U Myint San, Ph:01-549644~8) for registration.
(3) Lecture on JUDO “Challenge to Your Dream”
by Prof. Yasuhiro Yamashita, Trustee and Vice Chancellors / Tokai University Education System
Won five gold medals in international competitions and marked 203 consecutive victories with only seven draws up until his retirement from competitive Judo at age 28, in 1985.
Saturday, June 30, 9:30~11:30
at Park Royal Hotel
** Admission Free**
Saturday, June 30, 14:30~15:00 at The Strand, 92 Strand, Yangon
Journalists who are interested are cordially requested to register with Embassy of Japan. Please contact (U Cho Tun or U Aung Naing Moe, Ph: 01-549644~8) for more information.
Information and Culture Section,
Embassy of Japan