1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will launch the 14th Japan International MANGA Award and begin to accept entries for the Award.
2. Entries will be accepted as follows:
(1) Until 19th June 2020
(2) Entries need to be sent to the Information and Culture Section of the Embassy of Japan in Myanmar or the P.O. Box of the 14th Japan International MANGA Award.
* Details for the guidelines on the application can be found on the web site of The Japan international MANGA Award
3. The Japan International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. Taro Aso, with the aim of awarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchanges through MANGA. The Award has been presented every year since then.
Among entries, the gold Award will be given to the best work and the Silver Awards to three other excellent works. The awardees will be invited to Japan to attend the award ceremony. During their stay in Japan (generally for 10 days), they will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with Japanese MANGA creators, visit publishing companies and make an excursion to local sites.