Information, Culture and Education
- Calling Entries for JENESYS 2023 “ASEAN-Japan Sports (Rugby) × SDGs Exchange”
- Calling Entries for JENESYS 2023 “ASEAN-Japan Students Conference”
- Calling Entries for JENESYS 2023 “Japan’s Friendship Ties Programs - Japan Golden Friendship Exchange"
- Calling Entries for JENESYS 2023 in JAPAN "High School Exchange for ASEAN –Japan and Timor-Leste"
For more events, Click Here
Study in Japan
Learning Japanese Language
- Where to study Japanese Language in Myanmar
There are Japanese Language Departments in the University of Foreign Languages in Yangon and the University of Foreign Languages in Mandalay. In these universities, you can study the Japanese language and Japanese culture as a full-time or a morning/ evening course student. There are also a number of private Japanese Language schools, as well as Monastery schools taught by volunteer teachers in many cities including Yangon, Mandalay, Mawlamyine, Taunggyi and Pathein.
- Japanese Language Proficiency Test
In Myanmar, the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) for foreign students is held in Yangon and Mandalay biannually in July and December. For more information, please visit the official website of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
Nominal Support and Cultural Grant Assistances
- Nominal Support
The Embassy of Japan in Myanmar permits the nominal support to projects in Myanmar which are useful for Japan’s introduction and international goodwill after certain examination. Those who are planning a project and seeking nominal support for them from the Embassy of Japan in Myanmar, should read the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Application Process for Nominal Support) and file the application with the required documents no later than one and a half months prior to the date on which you wish to begin using nominal support. Please note that nominal support may not be granted depending on the details of the project.
＜Addresses for Filing Applications and Inquiries＞
Information and Culture Section – Embassy of Japan in Myanmar ＜email@example.com＞
- Cultural Grant Assistance/ Grant Assistance for Cultural Grassroots Projects
- Cultural Grant Assistance is a scheme whereby funds are granted to cover the cost of procurement, transportation and installation of equipment and construction or restoration of facilities used for various cultural and higher educational activities and the preservation of cultural heritage.
- Grant assistance for Cultural Grassroots Project (GCGP) is meant to facilitate cultural exchanges and deepen friendship and mutual understanding between Japan and developing countries by providing non-profit organizations (e.g, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local authorities, research and higher education institutions) of those countries with support for procurement of equipment and construction of facilities to promote culture and higher education.